Drug and alcohol addiction symptoms and behaviors include, among others:
- Feeling the need to consume alcohol or use a drug regularly, which can be daily or multiple times a day
- Having intense urges for alcohol or drugs
- Over time, needing more alcohol or more of a drug to get the same effect
- Making certain that you maintain a supply of alcohol or a drug
- Not meeting obligations and work responsibilities
- Doing things you wouldn’t normally do to get alcohol or drugs, such as stealing
- Focusing more and more time and energy on getting and using alcohol or a drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when not consuming alcohol or using a drug
- Failed attempts to quit consuming alcohol or using a drug
If you can relate to any of the above symptoms or behaviors, it may be time to consider obtaining a substance abuse evaluation.
Client’s often request substance abuse evaluations when friends, family or employers express concern. In addition, after an arrest for a DUI, DWI, Domestic Violence while under the influence and Battery while under the influence. Lastly, if the Department of Children and Families requests the completion of a substance abuse evaluation/assessment.
Please contact me to schedule an evaluation.